L Shaped Rubber Extrusions
L-shaped rubber profiles, also known as angle extrusions, are designed for corner applications. They provide an air-tight and water-tight seal and protect against vibration and impact. They are commonly used as a protective edging on glass, sheet metal, and other delicate materials that are prone to damage from impact or vibration. L shaped rubber extrusions can also be used as aesthetic trim or to seal out moisture, dirt, and other contaminants.
Custom L Shaped Rubber Profiles in a Wide Range of Sizes
Northwest Rubber Extruders, Inc. provides L shaped rubber profiles and other extruded product for customers across a range of markets. We perform all extrusion processes in-house to ensure tight tolerances and accurate profiles and can accommodate low- or high-volume runs. Sizes range from 1/16” around to 14” wide, with straight lengths up to 20’ and coiled lengths up to 200’. Request a project quote today.
Selecting a Material for Your L Shaped Rubber Profiles
L shaped rubber extrusions are made using different synthetic rubber materials. Each material provides different benefits including temperature range, tensile strength, durability, and weather resistance. Our team can help you select the right material for your custom L shaped rubber shapes based on the application and operating environment.
Material options for L shape rubber extrusions include:
- Chloroprene (Neoprene®) exhibits high water, flame, and weather resistance.
- EPDM is weather and ozone resistant.
- Natural rubbers are tear and abrasion resistant, with dynamic flex fatigue characteristics.
- Nitrile (Buna N) is oil resistant and therefore is an excellent choice for gaskets.
- SBR is a good general purpose rubber extrusion material, offering good abrasion resistance at low cost.
- and numerous standard blends, which can provide the combined physical properties of two or more materials.
Contact Us for Custom L Shaped Rubber Shapes and other Rubber Extruded Seals
Northwest Rubber Extruders, Inc. provides a variety of custom rubber extrusions in the size and material you need. We can also extrude product to meet many industry specifications. Request a quote for custom L shaped rubber profiles or contact us to learn more about our other rubber extrusion options.