Extruded silicone products are extruded in a range of shapes and are used to provide vibration dampening, noise reduction, thermal shielding and insulation, and sealing flexibility for various industry applications. Silicone has many benefits including tolerance to low and high temperatures, thermal stability, excellent insulation properties and resistance to water. It also carries flame retardant properties and is less prone to deterioration than other materials. Silicone rubber extrusions are used by several industries including commercial, medical, food production, construction, consumables, and many others.
Silicone Rubber Extrusions are Available in Numerous Shapes and Lengths
Custom silicone extrusions are commonly used as gaskets, for weatherstripping applications and to create extruded silicone door and window seals. They are also used as silicone expansion joints for construction applications involving concrete, and to create extruded silicone coated cables for electrical applications. Extruded silicone products are available in a range of standard and custom configurations. Some of the popular silicone extrusion shapes include:
- “D” profiles provide a soft seal and can be solid or hollow
- “e” profiles contain a hollow seal and groove
- “H” profiles seal two adjoining panels
- “L” profiles for corner applications
- “T” profiles are commonly used for food packaging
- “U” profiles provide edge protection for panels
- Omega profiles have a t-shaped bar and bulbous seal
- Wedge profiles to secure panel and glazing units
- And more
Custom Silicone Extrusions Manufactured to Your Exact Specifications
Northwest Rubber Extruders’ silicone extrusions are manufactured to meet our customers’ unique demands. We work with a variety of silicone materials, including fluorosilicone, phenyl silicone, and custom compounds to deliver high quality, silicone extrusions for a broad spectrum of applications. We create extruded silicone coated cables, door seals, expansion joints, and much more.
We employ innovative, lean manufacturing techniques and a skilled, experienced staff to produce extruded silicone products that match customer requirements and are delivered on time. All our extrusion dies are made in-house, and we use laser micrometer monitoring to maintain tight tolerances and accurate profiles.
Custom Silicone Extrusion Products
Extruded silicone extrusion products are preferred for applications requiring high and low temperature tolerance, thermal stability and superior insulation. We provide a range of custom silicone extrusions, including:
- Adhesive backed seals: peel-and-stick silicone extrusions for use as door seals, gaskets around windows, and similar weatherstripping applications.
- Aircraft interior seals: provides a protective seal around windows, doors and access panels in commercial and military aircraft.
- Silicone Coated Cables: used for electronic medical device applications to provide durable and flexible cable jacketing that can be properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Door seals: help provide a seal at the bottom of door or around the perimeter of a door frame to prevent drafts and keep out dust and contaminants.
- Expansion joints: used in construction applications to allow structures to expand and contract with temperature changes and to allow minor shifts without causing damage.
- Food grade seals: FDA approved silicone extrusions for use in applications involving food processing, pharmaceuticals, and consumables.
- High temperature seals: have superior tolerance to high temperatures for use in aerospace, automotive, electrical and outdoor applications
- Low temperature seals: resist cracking in extreme cold temperatures and are suitable for outdoor and aerospace applications
From simple designs to complex products, for short runs or high-quantity production, Northwest Rubber Extruders provides top quality silicone rubber extrusions. Request a quote today on silicone extrusions for your application, or contact Northwest Rubber Extruders for additional information.
Custom Options for Silicone Extrusions
We provide various custom formulations for silicone extrusions to meet your specific requirements. Features and benefits of our silicone material options are outlined below:
- Fluorosilicone Silicone Extrusions: provideresistance to chemicals, fuels and oils
- General Purpose Silicone Extrusions: forperformance up to 400° F and outdoor color stability
- High Strength Silicone Extrusions: provideimproved tensile strength and tear resistance
- Phenyl Silicone Extrusions: for use in extreme low temperature to -130° F
Additional options for our custom silicone extrusions include:
- Durometer from 30 A to 80 A
- Size Capabilities from 0.024″ (OD tube) – 18″ wide
- Custom color options to match to virtually any color, including metallics
Silicone Rubber Extrusions That Meet Industry Specifications
Our extruded silicone products are made under strict quality control guidelines that meet or exceed customer satisfaction and industry requirements. We hold the following certifications to deliver silicone rubber extrusions that meet or exceed our customers’ expectations:
- ASTM D-2000
Request a Quote for Custom Silicone Extrusions
We provide extruded silicone products designed to meet a range of application requirements. Request a quote for your silicone extrusions today. We also provide value added services such as hand building, part marking and splicing to deliver a product that is ready for immediate use.