We manufacture top-quality, flexible extruded plastic products for a wide range of industries and applications. We work with an array of standard, engineered, and custom materials to meet customer requirements for durability and performance. We produce automotive gaskets, dual durometer seals, rail boots, and many other conventional and custom products.
With our innovative, lean production processes and highly trained staff, we manufacture flexible extruded plastic shapes in short runs or in large quantities to meet our customers’ needs. We make all our extrusion dies in-house to maintain tight tolerances and ensure accurate profiles.
Various industries use flexible extrusions to create products for weatherproofing, sealing, vibration control, leak prevention, and more. Examples of custom flexible plastic extrusions include:
- Adhesive-backed seals: to provide weatherproofing for doors, windows, and other applications
- Automotive gaskets: mechanical seals used to fill the space between two mating surfaces and prevent leaks in engine components
- Dock bumpers: to protect hard surfaces and equipment, vehicles, or watercraft from damage caused by impact or abrasion. Common uses include industrial applications or use with forklifts and boat lifts
- Curtain wall seals: provide weatherproofing for steel or aluminum curtain wall systems
- Door seals: weather stripping that creates a seal along the bottom of a door or around a door frame
- Dual durometer seals: a co-extruded combination of materials with different hardness used to provide door and window insulation in home, commercial and automotive applications
- Expansion joint seals: commonly used in construction applications, plastic extrusions are used to relieve stress between concrete and cement by allowing thermal expansion, absorbing vibration, and allowing movement between panels without damage
- Food grade seals: FDA compliant seals for use in food production and service applications
- Rail boots: provide noise reduction and vibration dampening, and help isolate stray electrical currents in light rails, streetcars, and other rail applications. Using rail boots can help extend rail lie and reduce maintenance costs
Northwest Rubber Extruders provides high-quality, high-precision extruded plastic products and on-time deliveries to meet any schedule. We provide additional services to complete your custom flexible plastic extrusion project including hand building, adhesive tape backing, part marking, die-cutting, splicing, deflashing, and assembly.
We provide a range of flexible plastic extrusions, rubber extrusions, and silicone extrusions to meet the requirements of a wide range of industries and applications. Contact us today to discuss your plastic extrusion requirements.